Monday 17 October 2011

Need Some Help On Changing The Color Of My Car?

I have a 86 trans am which is red, i took it up to a local body shop in my city(St. Louis,MO) to quote some minor body work(just a couple of small dents and some rust) and a paint job, but I told him I wanted to change the car blue, he gave me a quote of 1400, and he sands the car, adds sealer to the whole car, and primes in some spots, about 3 or 4 coats of blue and 3 Clear and the blue that I picked out was blue pearl(all of this includes door jambs, t-top jambs,and under the hood), does that sound like a reasonable price for the work im asking for???? Do you think the paint job will come out correct with the prep work he says he will be doing????Need Some Help On Changing The Color Of My Car?That sounds like an awesome deal imo if what he's saying is true AND it's good quality.



Is this shop a recommended place? Why or why not? If it is then if he sands it right, primes it, gives it it's paint coats, DEALS with the rust properly and so it won't leave paint bubbles or chip in the future, than 1400 is a fair deal.
Need Some Help On Changing The Color Of My Car?
That's a great price. As for the job can't say it could come out looking like sh%26amp;t or like a show car. It will depend on his abilities and attention to detain. A paint job is 100% prep, 100% skill, and the rest in the quality of the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment