Wednesday 26 October 2011

What can i do if the person who i sold my car to refuses to change the car under her name ?

I sold it to my sister and she has created many problems like she used my insurance without my permission in 2 car accidents. U know all that insurance hassle. I've initiated title transfer but she has to finish it, now the insurance is giving me crap cus the car is still under my name. And my sis refuses to cooperate at all so can i just pick up the car from her?? is that legal ??? where can i find it if im allowed to do that ? I dont want her to get me into more trouble. I live in Dallas Tx. SO if anyone could tell me where i can find out my rights and responsibilities please let me know, thanksWhat can i do if the person who i sold my car to refuses to change the car under her name ?Report it stolen. Or just take the car back change the locks and tell her when she decides to put it in her name you will give it back.
What can i do if the person who i sold my car to refuses to change the car under her name ?
Court, or a lawyer.
What can i do if the person who i sold my car to refuses to change the car under her name ?
Report it stolen.



Or you can call Vehicle Crimes Squad 214-670-5817 and ask them.
report it stolen
Go to a good Lawyer.
This is a Civil Matter. Technically it is still your car. She has to sign the title regardless of if she gave you money for it. You can always stop insurance. I would call the DMV and see what can be done.
call the police- report it stolen. she could be in big doo-doo for fraud.
First of all, drop the car from your insurance. Second of all, send in the %26quot;Release of Liability%26quot; which can be obtained from the DMV. I sold my old college car to a woman, and a year and a half later I get an impound notice from the city of San Jose (I live in the Calif Central Valley) because she abandoned it on the side of a road. The woman never registered the car so I was the last known owner. Thank God that the DMV had record of my %26quot;release of liability%26quot; or else I would have been liable for the towing and impound charges. If your sister gets into an accident and hurts someone in that car, YOU are also liable for the damages and can be sued.
take your car. according to the law, it is under your name and it is YOUR car. if she is being a little b*tch and getting your @ss in trouble by acting like a 12 year old behind the wheel, then she does NOT need to be driving. tell her dumb@ss that she is not to drive that car until she puts the car under HER NAME. Go to a Notary Public and pay the $5-$10 fine (have your sister go with you), and sign it (along with your sister) stating that the car has been sold. This SHOULD take care of your problem; if she refuses to go with you, tell her NO GO, NO CAR!!! She's an idiot and full of sh*t, you should NOT have to put up with this!!!
if you sold it, then you can take it off your insurance, just call the agent. Make sure you have the plates, and notify the dmv about the selling, or transfer of registration. On your original title, there should be a space on the back to notify them of that. After that is done, anything that happens to her or the car is not your responsibility
You can get the ans weer to your problem from a lawyer where you will pay dearly, or you could call the Texas Attorney General's office and seek advice. OR, you might even ask your insurance company.



Good luck!!
under the law, once you sell a vehicle and write up a bill of sale, the obligation is no longer yours. with a bill of sale, you can show proof whether to insurance or dmv that you no longer own the car. you can contact dmv and let them know you sold the car and she is refusing to title it and has had accidents and they can dicument everything for you. you can also contact your state department of insurance commissionors office at the state capital to let them know you sold the vehicle and canceled the insurance on it and they can contact your company and they will deal with them. how she used your insurance when its under your name you never said. but thats fraud and a felony in any state. i recommend contacting your local pd and state attorney to let them know what she has done as she doesn't seem to care about you except to screw you over. you say you don't want to get her into trouble, she has from what you said commited several frauds and serious felonies and your going to get stuck with it and ruin your life if you don't take care of it.
Tear your license plates off the car and she will have to register it in her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment