Friday 7 October 2011

Help on changing a car's title to my name.?

Hi, I'm planning on buying this Mustang 01 from a friend of mine.

What do I need to change the car title to my name? Being that it will be my first car I don't have much of a clue in this.

I live in TX, when I giver her the cash, she hands me the title and I take it to a court office and get it legally changed to my name? Can I mark as %26quot;Gift%26quot; since I don't really want to pay for the extra taxes. What do I need to change the title? Her signature? ID? Car Insurance? Plates?



When I do finally change the car title, do I need to do anything else from there? Plate changes and such or no?



I'm VERY confused with this whole process. Much help is appreciated.



Thank YouHelp on changing a car's title to my name.?Texas Department of transportation is the place you will need to deal with.



Make sure all the blanks are filled in on the title to have it transfered. You should get a receipt as well as a statement of the odometer reading. Use the following link to obtain the details:



http://www.txdot.gov/services/vehicle_ti鈥?/a>
Help on changing a car's title to my name.?
Register in Person



To register your vehicle in person, take your registration renewal notice and proof of current liability insurance to your county tax office. The registration fee [pdf, 1 page, 155kb] is due at the time of registration.



Some counties also allow registration renewal at substations or subcontractors, such as participating grocery stores. Contact your county tax office for more details.



If you did not receive your renewal notice, you can renew your registration using your:



vehicle license plate number,

vehicle identification number, or

registration receipt from the previous year.

You should also ask a tax office representative to verify your mailing address. If the correct address is not on file, please change your address.
Help on changing a car's title to my name.?
You need to bring the current Title and make sure it signed by you and your friend in the correct places.



You and your friend will also need to fill out this form completely:

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdoteforms/G鈥?/a>



I don't remember if proof of insurance is required, but it can't hurt to bring it.



If you claim your car is a gift, you will still have to pay the taxes on the car (for the actual value of the car according to the Blue Book). Your best bet is just to be honest with how much you paid for the car.



You can do this at the court house tax acessors office. This website has the addresses for such locations, just select the county you live in and you can get a link to their tax office website.

http://www.tacaoftx.org/index.shtml



After you complete the process a new title will be mailed to you.
  • .net
  • totally free and good
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment