Wednesday 21 September 2011

I recently got a new engine put in and my car jerks changing gears.?

This has never happened before the replacement. It's a 1995 Nissan Maxima. The check engine light is also on. What could be the problem? Thanks!I recently got a new engine put in and my car jerks changing gears.?actually right now the problem is you need to take it directly to the shop that put the engine in and have them fix the problem, the two are related I believe, and this needs to be done sooner, not later, best of luck
I recently got a new engine put in and my car jerks changing gears.?
Something didn't go well in the engine swap. The 'check engine' light and the rough shift are very probably related. Step 1) get someone to read the fault code that is setting the CE light.



It could be as simple as a disconnected or leaking vacuum hose. Low vacuum is supposed to signal the transmission that the engine is under load so the shifts are harder (not as smooth). With a vacuum leak, the shifts are harder even though the engine is not under load.



Maybe, you got some kind of warranty from the garage that did the swap?

No comments:

Post a Comment